The School Infirmary is looked after by a qualified nurse. Medical check-up of students are regularly carried out and a record is maintained. If the doctor is of the opinion that a child needs special medical attention, the parents are informed of the same.
Parents are requested not to send sick children to school for attending classes or for appearing for examinations. This is in the interest of the child and at times his/her classmates, as well. Medical Certificates must be submitted so that the child’s results are not affected.
All parents are requested to impart Health Education to their children.
Annual health check up is conducted by the school.
This is important so that they –
- Maintain personal hygiene such as trimming of nails and being neat on a regular basis.
- Exercise regularly.
- Sleep for at least eight hours daily.
- Have a rich balanced nutritious diet.
- Drink water which is either boiled or filtered. All students are advised to bring their own water bottles from home.
- Avoid consumption of ice-creams, other milk products and eatables from road-side vendors and kiosks.
- All children should also be:
- Dewormed at least once every year, on the advice of the family physician.
- Have a dental and ophthalmic check-up once every year by a qualified dental surgeon and ophthalmologist.
- Immunised as per the schedule given:
- Oral Polio (to be completed before entry to the School)
- Measles / MMT
- Tetanus – Booster dose to be given between 7 – 16 years of age and also to be given if injured.
- Typhoid every 2/3 years (with oral medicine / injections)
- Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Meningitis, Chicken Pox
- Students suffering from diseases such as Chicken Pox, Cholera, Measles, Mumps, Whooping-cough, and Jaundice must observe the prescribed period of quarantine.
- Students suffering from infectious diseases such as Conjunctivitis, Dermatitis, Scabies, etc. should not be sent to school until they have fully recovered.
- Students suffering from chronic diseases like Asthma, Epilepsy, Heart Disease etc. are advised to be under continuous medical supervision of a doctor, who is a specialist in the concerned field. History of their ailments must be filled up in the Almanac, along with details regarding the treatment and the medicines prescribed by the concerned doctor.
- Parents are also advised to keep the school infirmary informed regarding the medical / health problems which may have developed during the academic year.
- The medical history of the student must be filled up by the parents in the space provided in the almanac.