Mission and Vision
Mission and Vision
Our mission is Education for All, so we promote a calm, energising, and intellectually stimulating environment where every student stands an equal chance to showcase their talents. Every child is born with a unique potential & ability and does not necessarily have to follow in the footsteps of others. We need to support them as they cultivate and harness the inherent strength they are blessed with.
We strengthen our mission through the following practices:
- Giving the young learners individualised attention and recognising their latent talent.
- Emphasising holistic development as we ensure a healthy balance between academic, co-curricular, and extra-curricular activities.
- Catering to the students’ queries, raising the degree of inquisitiveness in them.
- Creating and sustaining an environment of self-learning, analytical thinking and practising social skills.
- Igniting conscience and propensity in the students towards the conservation of nature, maintaining harmony and giving back to the communities
Delhi Public School, Ruby Park, Kolkata, is under the Om Dayal Educational & Research Society, which constantly strives to sustain the standards of excellence in all areas of extra-curricular and curricular activities. Our moral obligation and on-going work are to mould and shape future generations to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century. We envision a solid community of future leaders who would be receptive to the winds of change and committed to social responsibility while finding a delicate balance between conventional values and contemporary ethos.
We at DPS always try to instil values like honesty, philanthropy, unity, sharing, and tolerance through various activities conducted in School. Values have always remained an integrated part of our curriculum, as our children start their day with morning assemblies which include prayer followed by thought for the day. Young absorbent minds are the best recipients of these values as they are so pure, and values inculcated in them at this early age would help them shape up as ‘future-ready’ global citizens. Regular value education classes are a part of the curriculum where children learn the correct values by listening or enacting stories and interacting with their teachers, who help them understand values.
Our constant guidance profoundly shapes these young students’ minds during every stage of the learning process.